Orosur Mining Inc. implements and develops annual community plans in both Uruguay and Chile. Representatives from our Senior Management team and delegates from social organizations from the community oversee these plans wherever Orosur operates or explores.
- We have forged agreements with local governments and native communities to try to create the best solutions for the particular needs of the families from the areas surrounding our projects. In doing this, we can help to improve the quality of life for local people.
- We develop training programs for young people, directly and together with the local government, and donate goods and services in co-operation with multiple public and private institutions and social organizations.
- In Uruguay we participate directly and indirectly in activities and festivities taking place in Minas de Corrales, support events such as celebrations organized by the local Patriotic Commission, and we occasionally participate in activities organized by local societies such as sports championships and parties.
- Since 2005, we have been in partnership with >Desem to foster the training of young students providing funds and expertise to help in their development.
- Orosur has supported the local hospital, "El hogar de Ancianos" (elderly people’s home), “Merendero” (food charity institution), police stations and social clubs from the area as well as institutions with regional and national activities such as Tacuarembó Hospital and Peluffo Giguens.
- We have also assisted regional annual events such as Fiesta de la Patria Gaucha in Tacuarembó and Feria de las Naciones de Rivera.
- Orosur has signed an undertaking with the local government covering the Minas de Corrales area agreeing to manage rural roads repairs, build barbecues in recreation areas for free use by the local inhabitants, and donate material to repair housing in critical condition.
- In Copiapó, Chile, we have signed an agreement with the Pai Ote native community in line with the ILO Convention No 169 concerning Indigenous and Tribal Peoples.
- We have coordinated tours with different social, and government organizations, with the aim of building awareness of Orosur’s mining projects - providing information on the different projects run by the Company, from exploration to open pit operation, and more recently developing an underground mine, all with great success and tangible benefits to the local communities.