Orosur's ambition is to be a premier gold mining company with:
- A diversified South American asset base of high quality gold assets at varying stages in their life cycle
- Maintain optimal operating practices
- Focus on attracting and retaining talent throughout the organisation
- Reward our investors through consistent pursuit of providing additional gains for shareholders
What sets us apart:
- Demonstrated abilities across exploration, development, operations and community relations
- Track record of optimising production, costs and exploration efforts
- Our operating team is local and based in the countries we operate in
- Board and management team with proven geological, technical, operating and corporate development expertise
Our team share our vision and understand that Orosur is more than the gold we produce and is guided by ethical principles:
- Orosur places great value on its people and maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Employee safety is consistently at the forefront
- Our safety record is paramount to our ability to attract and retain highly skilled employees
Professionalism and Efficiency
Our entire team are firmly committed to achieving the highest standards in all facets of the business to ensure the short, medium and long-term growth of the Company
- The support and trust of all our shareholders is of geat importance to Orosur
- We consistently strive to create a positive working environment based upon good communication and responsibility
Strive for profitable operations and efficient return based exploration efforts
- Our aim is to be free cash flow positive, through a disciplined approach to cost management, diligent and well planned production planning and a constant review of areas of improvement.
- Despite significant recent gold price volatility Orosur has remained free cash flow positive in 2014 with operating cash costs of US$792 per ounce – a significant improvement year over year.
- A return based approach to exploration has been adopted and Orosur strives to deliver additional reserves and resources through considered and focussed exploration efforts. In FY 2014, this resulted in the addition of ~75Koz of additional reserves.
- Orosur has also significantly strengthened its senior operational and corporate teams, making new hires with proven expertise. This is expected to allow the Company to progress swiftly with its on-going efficiency improvement initiatives and stated focus on organic and external growth.
Strong Asset Base and Growth
- Orosur has a positive of exploration and development track record. The Company’s Arenal Deeeps underground mine (the first of its kind in Uruguay) was completed on time and on budget, and has both exceeded our initial production forecasts, grade mined, but also had over 50Koz of additional reserves added through focussed and cost efficient exploration.
- Through focused exploration efforts, we aim to advance exploration and develop additional projects in due course.
- Further strengthening our organic growth assets in Chile and Uruguay, Orosur successfully completed the acquisition of Waymar Resources in July 2014. The addition of the high grade Anzá gold project located in the Middle Cauca belt of Colombia is viewed as a positive strategic fit for Orosur and exploration work will shortly commence.
- Given the right strategic fit and commercial terms, Orosur remains open to additional external growth opportunities.